In an otherwise flat area Halali Camp is perched between a few hills and koppies. Thicker vegetation makes this popular with leopard, rhino and elephant. Situated halfway between Namutoni and Okaukuejo the Halali Rest Camp centrally located in close proximity of some of the most popular waterholes of the Etosha National Park. A short walk will take you to the camp’s floodlit waterhole with excellent day and night game viewing.
‘Halali’ is the German word for the traditional ending of a hunt. The camp signifies the end of game hunting and the rise of eco-tourism in Namibia. Halali offers active guests the largest pool in the park and its strategic location between Namutoni and Okaukuejo makes it a great stopover for lunch, ice cream, a cool drink or just petrol.
The Halali Rest Camp offers a variety of other accommodation, perfect for your stay in Namibia:
- The Bush Chalets can be booked with two or four beds and include and outdoor braai area. Different sizes make the chalets a good option for families as well as couples and single travellers. All chalets have en-suite bathrooms and the larger units provide a kitchen and lounge area.
- The Double Rooms provide comfortable accommodation with en-suite bathrooms.
Halali Camp offers the following facilities:
- Bar near the pool area
- Curio shop
- Petrol station
- Waterhole and view point
Halali Camp Facilities
|En-Suite Rooms||Game Viewing||No Stargazing|
|Restaurant||Bird Watching||No Angling|
|Bar||Petrol Station||No Hiking|
|Tourist Shop||Wildlife||No Kiosk|
|Swimming Pool||Conference Facilities||No Spa|
|Secure Parking||Braai Facilities||No Walking Trails|
|Disabled Access||No 4×4 Trails|
Halali Camp Photos
Halali Camp Rates
- 2 x family chalet (4 beds) with braai (barbeque area)
- 10 x bush chalet (2 rooms, 4 beds) with braai
- 10 x bush chalet (2 beds) with braai
- 39 x double rooms
Rates 2017 – 2018
|Dates||November 2017 – June 2018||July 2018 – October 2018|
|Type of Accommodation||Per Person Sharing||Single Person||Per Person Sharing||Single Person|
|Double Room||N$ 790||N$ 790||N$ 1 120||N$ 1 270|
|Bush Chalet (4 beds) min 2||N$ 890||N$ N/A||N$ 1 290||N$ N/A|
|Bush Chalet (2 beds)||N$ 890||N$ 890||N$ 1 540||N$ 1 680|
|Bush Chalet (Disable access 2 beds)||N$ 890||N$ N/A||N$ 1 350||N$ 1 510|
|Family Chalet (4 beds) min 2||N$ 960||N$ N/A||N$ 1 540||N$ N/A|
|Honeymoon Suite||N$ 970||N$ 970||N$ 1 540||N$ 1 680|
Game Drives: Morning and Afternoon = N$ 610 pp
Night Drives: N$ 730 pp
Terms and Conditions
- Children under the age of 6 stay free of charge
- Children between the ages of 6-12, sharing with a full paying adult pays 50% of the quoted adult rate.
- Children in own chalet – Adult rate applies
- Participation of children under the age of 6 in guided activities is at the discretion of the camp manager and cannot therefore be pre-booked. Such participation is at the risk of the parent/guardian.
- Provision of children sharing will be made upon arrival; However, the booking must be made in advance.
- No more than two children may share a room with their parent/guardians.
Halali Camp Reviews