In an otherwise flat area Halali Camp is perched between a few hills and koppies. Thicker vegetation makes this popular with leopard, rhino and elephant. Situated halfway between Namutoni and Okaukuejo the Halali Rest Camp centrally located in close proximity of some of the most popular waterholes of the Etosha National Park. A short walk will take you to the camp’s floodlit waterhole with excellent day and night game viewing.
‘Halali’ is the German word for the traditional ending of a hunt. The camp signifies the end of game hunting and the rise of eco-tourism in Namibia. Halali offers active guests the largest pool in the park and its strategic location between Namutoni and Okaukuejo makes it a great stopover for lunch, ice cream, a cool drink or just petrol.
The Halali Rest Camp offers camping as well as a variety of other accommodation, perfect for your stay in Namibia:
- The Bush Chalets can be booked with two or four beds and include and outdoor braai area. Different sizes make the chalets a good option for families as well as couples and single travellers. All chalets have en-suite bathrooms and the larger units provide a kitchen and lounge area.
- The Double Rooms provide comfortable accommodation with en-suite bathrooms.
Halali Camp offers the following facilities:
- Bar near the pool area
- Curio shop
- Petrol station
- Waterhole and view point
Halali Camp Facilities
|En-Suite Rooms||Game Viewing||No Stargazing|
|Restaurant||Bird Watching||No Angling|
|Tourist Shop||Wildlife||No Kiosk|
|Swimming Pool||Conference Facilities||No Spa|
|Secure Parking||Braai Facilities||No Walking Trails|
|Disabled Access||Petrol Station||No 4×4 Trails|
Halali Camp Rates
- 2 x family chalet (4 beds) with braai (barbeque area)
- 10 x bush chalet (2 rooms, 4 beds) with braai
- 10 x bush chalet (2 beds) with braai
- 39 x double rooms
Rates 2014 – 2015
|November 2014 – June 2015||July 2015 – October 2015|
|Type of Accommodation||Per Person Sharing||Single Person||Per Person Sharing||Single Person|
|Double Room||N$ 594||N$ N/A||N$ 836||N$ 946|
|Bush Chalet (4 beds) min 2||N$ 660||N$ N/A||N$ 957||N$ N/A|
|Bush Chalet (2 beds)||N$ 660||N$ N/A||N$ 1 155||N$ 1 265|
|Bush Chalet (Disable access 2 beds)||N$ 660||N$ N/A||N$ 1 012||N$ 1 122|
|Family Chalet (4 beds) min 2||N$ 715||N$ N/A||N$ 1 155||N$ N/A|
|Honeymoon Suite||N$ 715||N$ N/A||N$ 1 155||N$ 1 265|
Rates for Camping
Halali Camp Reviews